Why am I Not Happy - May Seem Like a Complicated Question . . .
"Simple answers to Why am I not happy?"
The question appears because you are not true to yourself
. Simple, isn't it?
Specific Reasons for: "Why am I not Happy?"
There are many possible answers to your question: "Why am I not happy?", here are some of the most common ones:
1) You are not living the life that you would really like to live. You are running away from who you really are. As soon as you have to sit down and be quiet with yourself, you have to do something. Ever have that feeling?
2) You are doing rather than being. You have forgotten how to just be. How to be grateful for what you have, how to be able to see the beauty in everyday things.
3) You are not listening to your heart. You have shut yourself down from your true nature, from your heart. You are scared to listen to it. Maybe you are even scared of being happy? Does it seem selfish?
4) You are trying to please everybody else, but yourself. You may not even realize it, but everybody else is more important than you. Are people telling you that?
I have recently discovered that:
When you try to please the whole world, you will always lose and be miserable, as you can never make everybody happy. When you follow your heart you will be happy and everybody will want to be around you.
5) You don't believe in yourself. You may think you are a failure and you always have a negative self talk going on. You may even be a perfectionalist (without even knowing it). You are just never good enough for yourself and the other people just know so much more than you. How can you be happy when you are never good enough?
6) You are blaming yourself for something.
7) You are blaming somebody else for something.
8) You have a hidden, deep down anger about something, somebody.
So How Do I Get Happy, You May Ask?
First, you have to be able to quiet yourself down, be completely honest with yourself to actually find the exact answer for yourself. You already know. The answer is inside you. Can you quiet yourself down enough to hear it?
The other part of the answer is quite straightforward. Just be with yourself. Be with your pain, be with your anger -- cry, yell, write, run, whatever you need to do, but please let go off old emotions, old anger, old blame, anything old. Also let go off imperfections. Start to live a new life. Every day is a wonderful opportunity to start a new.
You may as well start liking yourself, you are stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. You can change jobs, friends, partners, cities, towns, etc, but not yourself, sorry.
I believe the longest love affair of your life should be one with yourself.
Love yourself, appreciate yourself, be grateful for everything that you have. Focus on what is good and working in your life and not on what isn't.
Practice Alternate Nostril Breathing.
Be Good to Yourself.
Spend some time with children. See the world through their eyes.
Stretch. Do Yoga Poses.
And most importantly, Just Be.
Return from Why am I Not Happy? to Ayurveda Holistic Medicine HomePage