Short on Time? No Problem.
Healthy Foods to Eat Anytime
10 Best Foods to Eat
The 10 Best Foods to Eat for you, depend on your constitution. Knowing your Ayurveda Body Type
will help you figure out which are the healthy foods to eat. Not sure which Ayurveda Body Type you are?
Then, the Ten Best Foods to Eat Regardless of Which Body Type You Are at the bottom of this page is just for you.
10 Best Foods to Eat for Vata
Vata benefits from heavy, oily, and warm food (these qualities are SUPER important, more than the individual food items).
1) Clarified butter or butter (you can add it to anything you eat)
2) Fresh ginger (best pungent spice; I know not exactly a 'food', but it's really one of my tops for Vata; can be added to food or made into fresh ginger tea)
3) Warm milk (preferably with a pinch of powdered ginger and cardamom)
4) Cream of rice or wheat (with some ghee, ginger and cardamom; are you starting to see the point ;-)
5) Warm soups and long-cooked stews (preferably with some root vegetables, such as beets and carrots)
6) Almonds (the best would be rinsed with boiling water to remove the skin & slightly roasted in ghee)
7) Sweet fruit, like dates, figs, and red grapes (try to eat any fruit room temperature; if the fruit is dried, soak it first)
8) Root vegetables, like carrots, red beets, and sweet potatoes (cooked and spiced)
9) Kichari (also with ghee, fresh ginger and root veggies)
10) Chicken broth
10 Best Foods to Eat for Pitta
Pitta benefits from heavy, cold, and dry food.
1) Clarified butter (clarified butter has a special quality - even though it's oily it decreases Pitta)
2) Milk (with a pinch of cardamom)
3) Sunflower seeds
4) Steamed broccoli
5) Lassi (½ cup plain good quality yogurt + ½ cup water with a pinch of cumin)
7) Salads and other leafy greens
8) Cold cereal, such as oats
9) Kichari (with cumin, coriander and fresh cilantro)
10) Lentils and other legumes
10 Best Foods to Eat for Kapha
Kapha benefits from dry, light, and hot food.
1) Hot water with fresh ginger, honey, and lemon (I know it's not food, but Kapha in general does better with less food and this drink can be used as food substitute)
2) Warm buckwheat, rye or millet
3) Kichari (make it quite spicy; with fresh ginger, pepper, and chili)
4) Astringent fruit, such as pomegranate, apricot or persimmon
5) Leafy greens, such as dandelion, kale and beet greens
6) Artichoke, cauliflower and green beans
8) Soy milk
9) Lentils and other legumes
10) Steamed brussel sprouts
Notice any repetition? Yes, Kichari!
is a wonderful tridoshic healthy recipe that you can eat anytime regardless of which Body Type you are. Which brings me to the last list . . .
10 Best Foods to Eat Regardless of Which Body Type You Are
1) Kichari (no surprise here)
2) Basmati rice (one of the main ingredients in Kichadi)
3) Mung dal (the other main ingredient in Kichadi)
4) Apples, apricots, berries
5) Asparagus and green beans
6) Peas and cilantro
7) Clarified butter
8) Lassi (½ cup plain good quality yogurt + ½ cup water with a pinch of cumin, ginger, and coriander)
9) Sunflower seeds
10) Goat's milk
Return from 10 Best Foods to Eat to Ayurvedic Diet
Return from 10 Best Foods to Eat to Ayurveda Holistic Medicine HomePage
Ayurvedic Detox Cleanse, Fall 2016
Wonderful opportunity to cleanse your body, calm your mind and feel happier, lighter, & few years younger.
Our Client-inspired Best Anti Aging Moisturizer
100x washed ghee
"I only use top of the line products and I have never seen a product like this. It absorbs easily into the skin and allows me to touch the skin more closely than when I work with other products." -Shelly, Esthetician, New Mexico, June 2008
"After only two weeks of daily use, my skin is glowing again and my rosacea is 80% gone. Thank you, Barbora!" -Rachel Humphrey, California, August 2009
"I got your 100x washed ghee from my son Patrick. I was really impressed with the results. I haven’t had anything this fantastic on my face before! I have a daughter who also suffers from eczema and I cannot wait for her to also try it. Really amazing product."- Regina Stajerova, Czech Republic, July 2010
"I use the 100x washed ghee as a moisturizer and on tiny eczema patches I get once in a while. I also give it to my mother who uses it on her psoriasis. She calls it 'liquid gold.'" -Mary, Massachusetts, December 2011
"Barbora. I've received the second shipment of the 100x washed ghee. It's great, thank you. I am recommending it to several people with skin problems. I have an appointment with my dermatologist this week. I have waited for four months for the appointment. Same facial rash and itch for more that 5 years..many rx, costly meds that have not helped. With less than two weeks of twice a day of the 100x washed ghee, my skin is soft and the long suffering rash is gone!! Amazing!! I will be back and order more for sure. Thank you so much for sending the second container... I would not have realized just how great this stuff is. Thanks" -Lauren, Virginia, August 2012
"I bought a small jar of the 100x washed ghee at the workshop in Prague and I am completely crazy about it. I cannot imagine my evening (and sometimes even morning) without it. It's incredibly soothing. I have a beautiful skin now and I am not the only one who have noticed it:-). I had a friend visiting the other day and she wanted to take it away from me! So, now I need to buy one jar also for her."
-Katka Tizkova, Czech Republic, September 2012
"I have ordered the larger jar, because I have already used up the small one I purchased. It did wonders for my skin and my rosacea. You have a wonderful product, you can be very proud of. Thank you, Barbora!"
-Deborah Birnbaum, Texas, January 2013
"I just started using your product and I love it! It's decreased my fine lines and lightened my dark spots from sun damage. I've tried many products for my sun damage and nothing works like your ghee. I could literally tell the difference the first week of using it."
-Susan, California, February 2014
"Just wanted to say that after four years of having severe painful rosacea your washed ghee has returned my fragile skin close to its previous state before the rosacea in only a few days. I am so grateful. Thank you."-Evangeline Feary, Australia, August 2014
"Hi Barbora,let me start by telling you I truly appreciate you sharing this beautiful product 100x washed ghee. My dosha is vata and I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. 100x washed ghee is the best product I have ever used. I love the cool feeling I experience when applying it to my face and throat. It is so soothing, moisturizing, my skin is more even toned with a youthful appearance, even taking away the fine line and wrinkles from my 59 year old face. I hope to never be without this miracle product. I use it every night as nighttime treatment and wake up with younger looking soft baby skin. Again, thank-you! 100x washed ghee is a true blessing."-Diana Scott, Texas, United States, November 2014
"Thank you for your product. I like using the 100x washed ghee, because my skin gets healed from within and it provides calmness to it. It has also put luster to my skin and has improved its evenness. I have been using it for almost 10 months now and will continue to do so." - Rahul, Texas, United States, November 2015